Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Is Witch Hazel safe to use for acne treatment?

I%26#039;ve heard that witch hazel is good for clearing up acne, bruises and skin irritations, is that true? Some people say it works great for clearing up skin irritations but I%26#039;ve also heard people say it can do more damage than good. If it is safe to use, what is the best way to apply it?|||Witch hazel is great for your skin and also good to use after shaving to help prevent razor burn.I make my own astringent with it,you use witch hazel,alum(it%26#039;s a powder used in cooking that helps to tighten the pores)and a few drops of tea tree oil which is good for skin.It really helps with acne and doesn%26#039;t over dry your skin.I like to keep mine in the fridge cause then it feels cool and like it%26#039;s really working.It%26#039;s great in the summer too and cools your skin down.I sometimes add a few drops of peppermint to it for the tingly and cool feeling and it smells good too.Hope you like my weird little recipes and i really don%26#039;t measure anything.Enjoy|||It is, but make sure that, if you%26#039;ve got an alcohol base, you don%26#039;t use too much or it%26#039;ll dry your skin out and make your acne worse(and, not to mention, the flaky skin that%26#039;ll give you).

No comments:

Post a Comment