Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Can I use Clearasil (acne treatment) to help make my sty go away?

As some of you may already know, I have had a sty for the last few months now. All the remedies I%26#039;ve tried haven%26#039;t worked so far (the doctor, warm compresses, tea, milk, prescription anti-biotic medications, you name it). So, now I%26#039;m thinking about throwing some Clearasil on my eyelid. The theory is: If the sty is like a pimple, then acne treatment products ought to clear it up. My only problem is: Why hasn%26#039;t anyone ever thought of this idea before? Am I missing something?|||Usually tissue around the eye is way too delicate for anything like Clearasil, which is highly astringent and will hurt like a muthafuckah if you get it in your eye. Highly astringent products can severely damage the eye and the tissues around it, that%26#039;s why. It%26#039;s your eye, you%26#039;ll do what you%26#039;ll do. But I doubt anyone here is going to recommend this course of action to you...|||a stye is not a pimple and don%26#039;t put clearasil near your eye. perhaps you should find a new doc. 2 months is a long time for a stye. perhas that isn%26#039;t what you have. a chalazion resembles a stye but is different.|||no u should put warm compresse on it. (hot rags or hot cloths) and place it on ur eye.|||because its acne medication not sty medication. maybe you should go to an eye doctor... they might give you a shot or surgically remove it... do not put acne medication anywhere near your eye. i work for an eye doctor and ive seen so many people come in w/ horrible eye conditions.. think about getting it surgically removed... get a second opinion. but see a doctor who specializes in eyes...

No comments:

Post a Comment